Yesterday I was over the moon to be nominated by Breakfast Club Mum for a Liebster Award and to be honest, I had no idea what it was. After having a read of @brekkieclubmum’s post I was even more thrilled to have a chance to give readers a bit of an insight into me and it was great to read more about fellow bloggers who have been around far longer.
The Liebster Award is given from one blogger to another to find out more about new blogs and the people behind them.
And the rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
Here are my answers to @brekkieclubmum’s questions (and by the way her answer’s to Ellen’s questions 1, 4, 9 and 11 are the exact same one’s that I would have given!)
How would you sum up your blog in fewer than 10 words?
Sharing the struggles/joys of a working Mum of one.
How do you come up with blogging ideas?
Just by living life and realising that I have something I want to say.
Who is your secret celebrity crush?
Gabriel Macht from the U.S series Suits.
What has surprised you the most about the blogging world?
How much reach your posts can get, especially when you use other forms of social media such as Twitter.
What really annoys you?
Bad grammar and spelling. Incompetence in the workplace – especially now I am far more intolerant and impatient since having my daughter.
What was the last purchase you made?
A food shop at the supermarket. Dull as dishwater but I have splashed out on cauliflower cheese as an ‘extra’ side with tonight’s dinner.
What do you call an aardvark with a machine gun? A well-aardvark.
You’ve just won the lottery. What do you do next?
Start crying when I realise we now have choices and I can work only because I want to and not because I have to.
Which superhero would you be and why?
Wonder Woman. I had the outfit as a child, so it would only be right to achieve that pinnacle in adulthood.
How would your friends describe you in three words?
Crazy, strong, loyal.
What’s your weirdest obsession?
That I can obsess about anything. A holiday, school choices, illness, development stages, books, console games, you name it. If I’m currently interested in it or have a decision to make, I will be researching it online or undertaking the activity to within an inch of its life (or mine). I’ll miss meals for it – which DOES NOT come lightly.
11 random facts about me
- I’m 38 and had my daughter at 34 – later than planned
- I used to coach trampolining to children
- I cry at anything on tv that is remotely happy or sad
- I’m a bit of a petrolhead
- I graze on sweets and biscuits at work almost continuously
- I can’t bring myself to smell milk that may have gone off
- I have quite long toes – people have said I should have gloves rather than socks. Gee, thanks.
- I wanted Angela Lansbury to be my Nan when I was growing up
- I’ve never quite got into The Sopranos, or Game of Thrones
- I’m part Danish
- I refuse to buy a kindle. I just love proper books.
Now here are my nominees for The Liebster Award:
Here are my 11 questions:
- What did you last laugh at?
- What did you last cry at?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is your favourite music genre?
- Where would be your ideal holiday destination?
- Crisps, chocolate, or neither?
- What was the last gift you received?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Where do you do the majority of your blogging?
- What is your favourite book genre?